Key Stage 3 refers to the first three years of secondary education: Years 7, 8 and 9. The curriculum is broad and balanced; the subjects studied and the proportion of curriculum time allocated to each subject is shown below.
As a school, we aim to provide effective courses and learning experiences which provide the maximum number of opportunities for our students to:
- develop their academic, physical and other abilities;
- achieve the best qualifications possible; and,
- progress further in education and employment.
The curriculum is designed to enable all young people to become responsible British and world citizens who:
- are well prepared for life and work;
- are enterprising;
- are able to work with and respect others;
- understand their own cultures and traditions alongside others appreciating the benefits of diversity; and,
- sustain and improve the environment, locally and globally.
The curriculum for each of our subjects can be found on their respective Frog VLE sites below. Art Design & Technology Drama English Ethics, Faith & Philosophy Geography History ICT & Computing Maths MFL Music Physical Education Science