Successful Year For NHJSF
It’s been a successful year for this North Hykeham Joint Sixth Form with one in three pupils achieving A* to B grades – an increase on previous years.
Almost 60 per cent of all A level grades were A* to C and the overall pass rate was once again good at 93 per cent.
A number of Departments achieved a 100% Pass rate with results in Art (75% A*-B), Mathematics (67% A*-B) and Business (92% A*-C), English Language (80% A*-C) and Language & Literature (83.3% A*-C) Sociology (77% A*-C) and Health and Social Care (82% A*-C) particularly good..
There were some incredible individual successes:
- Matthew Goodenough – English Literature – A*, Government & Politics – A, History – A, EPQ – C
- Sam Woodcock – Chemistry – B, Mathematics – A, Physics – A, AS Further Mathematics – A
- Matthew Bishop – Chemistry – A, Mathematics – B, Russian – A
- Thomas Harding – Chemistry – B, Mathematics – A*, Physics – B
- Lewis Marchant – English Lang & Lit – B, Media – A, CTEC Media – D*
- Michael Hendry – English Literature – A, Geography – B, History – A, EPQ – B
- Ffion Hildred – Art – A, English Lang & Lit – B, History – B, EPQ – B
- Jack Traves – Biology – A, Chemistry – A, French – B
- Jessica Thursby – A grades in Maths Biology & Chemistry to gain her place studying Veterinary Science at Nottingham Trent University
- Jordan Wilson – A* in Biology and A grades in Maths & Chemistry going on to study Chemistry at York University
- Molly-Ann Burnett – A* in Psychology A grades in English Literature & RE. Studying Primary Education at Bishop Grosseteste University in Lincoln
- Isabelle Stephens – A grades in Maths & Biology B in Chemistry studying Maths at Leeds University
- Georgina Adam – Sport – Distinction Business – Merit Health & Social Care – B.
Georgina took her qualifications at the same time as representing England in the U20 Athletics championships where she is currently 200m national champion and part of the medal winning 4x100m relay team. She is moving to Loughborough University to study Applied Sports Science in September.
Helen Renard, Headteacher at SRPA said: “Another great year for the North Hykeham Joint Sixth Form. The results are testament to the hard work of students and staff; we are exceptionally proud of our students and look forward to seeing them go out and make their mark on the world – whether in continued education or in new careers.”
Jo Tunnicliffe, Headteacher at North Kesteven Academy said: “We are delighted with our best ever A-Level results and continuing high level of performance with vocational courses. We are phenomenally proud of the hard work, determination and dedication of both students and staff. We wish all our students the best of luck for the future plans.”