We run our programme at three levels, which when completed, lead to a Bronze, Silver or Gold Duke of Edinburgh’s Award. These awards are achieved by completing a personal programme of activities in four sections (five if students are going for Gold): Volunteering, Physical, Skills, Expedition (and for Gold, a Residential).
Doing a DofE award brings many advantages and positives:
– helping people or the community
– getting fitter
– developing skills
– going on an expedition for two or more days and being self-sufficient
– problem solving
– developing a sense of responsibility
– team working
– making decisions under pressure
– you get to choose what you do, as long as it conforms within the criteria for a section
– employers favour the can-do attitude of candidates with a DofE award
– looks great on UCAS applications
Due to a limited places available, we would advise you to return your application forms as soon as possible. Please join us on our open evenings, the Y9 DofE meeting, or simply contact us.
If you need any further information, please follow the link to the Duke of Edinburgh Award website or send an e-mail to: CvanZijl@srpa.co.uk or LEarnshaw@srpa.co.uk.