Excellent GCSE Results At SRPA
Students at Sir Robert Pattinson Academy were celebrating today after even better grades than last year.
Students at Sir Robert Pattinson Academy achieving equivalent 9-4 (A* to C equivalent grades) in English and mathematics rose to nearly 65 percent up from 62 per cent last year. Those achieving a strong pass – grade 5 and above in both English and mathematics, rose from 36% to 42%
More than one in seven achieved the EBacc – managing grades 9 to 4 in more than five subjects including English, mathematics, a science, history or geography, and an ancient or modern foreign language.
A number of subjects at the school achieved above 90% grade 9-4, including Biology 92%, Chemistry 96%, Physics, 92%. Spanish 87% and Physical Education 78% grade 9-4, also performed very well.
Our Science department performed very well at the top end with 31% of our students achieving 9-7 grades in Physics, 22% of our students achieving 9-7 grades in Biology, and 16% achieving 9-7 in Chemistry. PE also saw 28% of students achieving grades 9-7.
Among the students with individually exceptional results were:
- Tom Cawthra – Four grade 9’s, Three grade 8’s and Two grade 7’s including grade 9 in French and Spanish
- Ezekiel Pascua – Two grade 9’s, Three grade 8’s, Three grade 7’s and One grade 6
- Sophie Wynne – Two grade 9’s, Two grade 8’s, Two grade 7’s and Three grade 6’s including grade 9 in English and mathematics
- Toby McNeil – One grade 9, Three grade 8’s, Two grade 7’s, One grade 6 and One grade 5
- Fraser Mosley – Two grade 9’s, One grade 8, Two grade 7’s and Three grade 6’s
Head teacher Dale Hardy said the excellent results were testament to the hard work and commitment of both the staff and the students, especially during a year of significant positive change at the Academy with a change of Head Teacher.
“We are really proud of our team of staff and students. They can be rightly proud of their achievements at a time when the curriculum has been changed beyond compare and everyone is expected to up their game”, he said.
“The Academy works exceptionally hard to help students realise their potential and excel in their studies, as well as to prepare them successfully for their role in society when they leave us. We are pleased with this set of results as we strive even further to improve our offer at SRPA.”