Personal Development at SRPA forms a huge part of the curriculum. Our students acquire the knowledge, understanding and skills they need to manage their lives, now and in the future. During this programme, students will develop the qualities and attributes they need to thrive as individuals, family members and members of society.
Through the SRPA Personal Development Programme our core aims are to:
- support the development of physically, emotionally and socially healthy young people
- develop essential employability skills for the 21st Century
- reduce or remove barriers to learning, such as bullying, low self-esteem, unhealthy or risky behaviours
- promote British values, including democracy and prepare students to become an active member of society
- promote equality and diversity so that students respect others, as well as promoting tolerance and understanding of different religious and cultural beliefs
There are four key elements to personal development at SRPA. These are: